I am a creative problem solver, storyteller, and technical master planner who helps clients shine through strategic communications.
Based in North Carolina, I specialize in digital project management for higher education websites and applications, with experience in both agency and in-house settings.
Senior Project & Client Relations Manager
Duke Web Services (DWS), in Duke University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT)
As the project management lead for Duke University‘s “in-house web agency,” I draw from my 12+ years of web PM experience to bring order and direction to Duke projects of all shapes and sizes – from higher education to research to healthcare. I specialize in strategic priority projects, client relationship management, daily internal operations and resourcing, product ownership of our mid-tier enterprise website service, and coaching colleagues in digital project management.
- Oversees 14-person team with 30-40 active projects and 100+ support relationships across the university and health communities
- Built project management team from the ground up – creating PM and daily operations processes and policies to align with best practices, meet organizational needs, and increase team productivity and performance; grew PM team to 3 FTEs, providing expansion direction, team leadership, and mentorship
- Manages complex and high-profile projects and accounts, from the President's office to student affairs, and services & administration to research support
- Completed two-year term as Information Technology Advisory Council Coordinator, collaborating with CIO/VP of IT to shape strategic agendas that influence direction of IT at Duke; worked closely with senior IT staff, faculty, students; instituted processes to define and enhance coordinator role
- Managed Sites@Duke enterprise WordPress network – supporting service owners by leading cross-functional maintenance and governance team, providing customer support, managing system communications
- Assisted communications director with news and events, as OIT Communications Liaison and TechFair committee member
- Organizes team-building and engagement activities across teams
- DPM Summit interactive session: "Doing a Lot with a Little: Project Management at Scale" (2019)
- Duke Learn IT @ Lunch session: “Making Informed Decisions: Google Analytics Crash Course" (2019)
- Duke ProComm course: "Putting Web Metrics to Work" (2015, 2017, 2019)
- Duke TechExpo presentation: "Digital Project Management for Non-Project Managers" (2017)
- Duke TechExpo presentation: "Getting More out of Google Analytics" (2015)
- Duke CFAR Fall Scientific Retreat: "Duke Center for AIDS Research Website" (2014)
- Duke Information Technology Advisory Council (ITAC) Coordinator
- Co-founder of Triangle DPMs
- Completed contact hours for Project Management Professional certification
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) Communications Liaison
- Conferences: Digital PM Summit (2014, 2016, 2017, 2019), Digital PM Camp (2018), Digital Marketing for Business 2015, Duke TechExpo (2014 – 2017, 2019)
- Professional organizations: Duke Communicators, Drupal at Duke, School of Medicine Communicators, ProComm classes
Services & Expertise
Bringing order and direction to projects of all shapes and sizes, I efficiently guide project teams from conception to completion using proven digital PM techniques.
From content management systems to social media, HTML to site redesigns, my understanding of online best practices helps clients improve their web presences.
As a versatile writer, judicious editor, and creative content strategist, I craft clear, strategic content for both online and offline channels.
I get results through analytics, branding, communications, and SEO – using creativity, insight, and hard data to create strong campaigns.
As a former television news producer and press relations officer, I understand media strategies and am experienced in video, audio, and graphics production.
I help clients put their best foot forward through everything from customized resume and career coaching to event planning and marketing strategy.
With my background in communications, I have also worked as an agency project manager, government communications officer and television news promotions producer.
- NC Administrative Office of the Courts
- Viget Labs
- WNCN NBC 17 Raleigh
- WHBQ FOX 13 Memphis
As an independent consultant on communications initiatives, I offer a wide range of services, including:
- Copywriting and editing
- Career and resume counseling
- Website creation
- Video, photo, and graphic production
- Social media
- Marketing strategy
- Event planning
Outside the Office
You can find me…
- Supermom-ing my two wonderful girls and one loyal rescue dog
- Constantly working on my house and yard
- Winding down with a good movie, TV show, or book
- Going for walks, riding bikes, striking yoga poses, and maybe I’ll run another marathon someday
- Camping, kayaking, or hammocking in the great outdoors
- Planning something… probably my next trip or social get-together
- Cheering for my teams and loving every minute of baseball season
- Listening to music – a bit of everything, but mostly alternative, rock, or pop
- Eating all the Chicago thin crust pizza and explaining that, yes, this is a thing
- Dreaming of a return visit to France and Italy
- Enjoying a good laugh, meal, and drink with friends and family